"Quote of the Week"

"I CAN BE BY MYSELF AND ENJOY THE COMPANY!"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

R.I.P. Tupac Amaru Shakur 9/13/1996





13 years have passed since the "untimely" death of this man. My very 1st cd was The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory and I was blown away by his passion. He personified the words "T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E." (The Hate U Gave Little Infants Fucks Everybody) meaning, what you feed us as seeds, grows, and blows up in your face. His talent as a lyricist and later as an actor were amazing. He spoke from his heart and was one of the realest.

He grew up submerged in the constant struggle for liberation, freedom and equality. His mother was a Black Panther and one of his father figures is Dr. Mutulu Shakur and Mumia Abu- Jamal.

He wasn't just another rapper. When he spoke, you could feel his pain and the love he shared for all people. He read extensively on many subjects and wrote poetry as well.

Here's one of his poems;

In the event of my Demise by Tupac

In the event of my Demise
when my heart can beat no more
I Hope I Die For A Principle
or A Belief that I had Lived 4
I will die Before My Time
Because I feel the shadow's Depth
so much I wanted 2 accomplish
before I reached my Death
I have come 2 grips with the possibility
and wiped the last tear from My eyes
I Loved All who were Positive
In the event of my Demise




Check out this speech.
He was only 22 years old @ this time.




If you want to see a good documentary about his life from beginning to end, then check out Tupac: Resurrection. It's the only Documentary that his Mother Afeni Shakur was involved in.



Here's the trailer


A lot of rappers have since jacked his style and his persona but no one can mimic him. He is in a lane all by himself.

Below is an interview he gave in 1994 when he was on trial for supposedly sexually abusing a girl. A couple of days later he was shot. Shakur had received five bullet wounds; twice in the head, twice in the groin and once through the arm and thigh.

He'll forever be an inspiration for me.

Respects,
To The Greatest Of All Time.


Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

soundclick